Header Ads

Add A Blog To Your Store - How to create a profitable online store step 6



Step 6: Add A Blog To Your Store


Most people do things backwards when it comes to selling and making money online.
For example, the other day a reader emailed me to complain that he’d spent 3 months designing a beautiful website on Shopify but wasn’t making any sales because of a lack of traffic.
Here’s the thing.
Most people throw up an ecommerce store on Shopify or Big Commerce and pray that the customers will come. But the truth is that getting organic traffic to a brand new ecommerce store can be quite challenging early on.
The easiest way to sell your goods is to first build an audience of loyal fans first. And the best way to establish this audience is with a blog.
Not only can a blog position you as an authority within your niche but it will also attract free search engine traffic as well. And once you’ve established a following, the sales will start rolling in.
For example, I recently posted my year end review on how MyWifeQuitHerJob.com performed as a business last year and I was happy to announce that my blog earned over 1 million dollars.
Note: These numbers are for my blog alone and completely separate from my online store.
Because I have established a decent sized fan base, I’m able to sell my ecommerce course as well as relevant affiliate offers to my audience.
In addition, I’ve inadvertently made a name for myself in ecommerce in the process!
Blogging is an excellent way to …
  • Get your ideas out to the masses
  • Establish yourself as an authority
  • Reach out to other experts and entpreneurs around you
Over the years, I’ve also met hundreds of like minded bloggers and made a ton of new friends as well.
Whether you are looking to establish yourself as an authority or if you want to attract potential customers for your ecommerce store, a blog is a must have!
In this lesson, I’m going to show you how to start a standalone WordPress blog as well as how to append a WordPress blog onto an existing Shopify or BigCommerce store.
I’m also going to discuss the pros and cons of having a blog in a subdirectory versus a separate folder.

Click Here To Learn How To Install A Wordpress Blog To Your Online Store

Coming Up Next
------------------
What are the next steps? How do I attract customers?

No comments

Powered by Blogger.
x

Get Updates On

Free online store tips

Free ecommerce CMS news

Free help to monetize your site

Free technique to earn more money

and more on ecommerce business

We are going to send you our resources for free. To collect your copy at first, join our mailing list. We are promising not to bother you by sending useless information. So don't miss any updates, stay connected!